||The XPS is an extremely high-performance, easy to use, integrated motion controller/driver offering high-speed communication through 10/100 Base-T Ethernet, outstanding trajectory accuracy and powerful programming functionality. It combines user-friendly web intefaces with advanced trajectory and synchronization features to precisely control the most complex to the most basic motion sequences. Multiple digital and analog I/O's, triggers and supplemental encoder inputs provide user's with additional data acquisition, synchronization and control features that can improve the most demanding motion applications.
- High performance, 1-8 axes motion controller for stepper, DC servo, DC brushless, voice coil or piezo-electric actuation with integrated drives for stepper and DC servo.
- High-speed 10/100 Base-T Ethernet communication interface (typ. 0.3 ms command execution),
- TCP/IP communication protocol and powerful 2Ghz-P4 processor provides real-time multi-tasking and multi-user application capabilities from almost any operating system including Unix, Linux, and Windows
- Powerful and intuitive, object oriented TCL (Tool Command Language) can be exectuted within the XPS for high speed process control and complex multi-variable calculations.
- Wide variety of motion trajectories including: point-to-point S-Gamma profiles, PVT for on-the-fly trajectory changes, continuous path contouring, complex splines, multi-axis interpolation, master slave synchronization and analog input tracking on position and velocity
- Advanced 10KHz servo loop with variable PID’s, low-pass and notch filters, feed-forward compensation, 3D error mapping and linear error compensation.
- Hardware position latch input and position compare output for precise synchronization of actions and events with less than 50 ns latency and high speed data acquisition up to 10KHz
- Extensive I/O functionalities including 4 user-definable analog inputs (14-bit resolution), 4 user-definable analog outputs (16-bit resolution) and 30 TTL inputs and outputs
- Complete library of LabView VI’s and program examples in Visual Basic, Visual C++ and TCL
- Automatic hardware compatibility checking of Newport ESP motion stages
- XPS supports native units such as um, mm, deg which eliminates the need for additional conversions. All commands and parameters can then be referenced in these units.